5 benefits of this asana; learn to do well
- Sit on the floor with your heels touching your hips and keep your back straight.
- Then inhale and bend your body towards your thighs.
- Continue by bringing the hips to touch the heels and your head to touch the floor.
- Exhale as you touch your head to the floor and bring your outstretched hands to the side of your feet.
- Hold this position for one minute and with practice, increase the hold time of the pose.
Benefits of this asana:
- The asana stretches your back and helps reduce any kind of
lower back painback that might have bothered you.
- Balasana also helps with stress. The resting position of this asana along with the breathing helps calm your mind. It also helps relieve tension in your shoulders and neck.
- It increases blood circulation in the body. When blood circulation increases in the body, it wards off pathogenic and infectious germs.
- It helps you sleep well. When you perform this asana, your body relaxes and stress is released. Once the stress is eliminated, you can sleep well and it will also improve your productivity.
- It improves your digestion as the digestive organs also stretch. This helps in the proper functioning of the organs, which eventually improves your digestion and the health of your digestive tract.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or dietitian before starting any fitness program or making any changes to your diet.