Elections 2023: APC finally publishes a detailed calendar of activities and a timetable
Ahead of the 2023 general election, the All Progressives Congress (APC) has released its calendar of activities and timetable which will guide the preparations of aspirants interested in various elective positions.
The timetable, according to Sulaiman Mohammad Argungu, the National Organizing Secretary, is in line with the provisions of the 2022 Election Law (as amended) and the timetable of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Below the published schedule:
1 Notice of State Chapter Election – Friday, April 22
2. Sale of forms (APC national secretariat) – Tuesday, April 26
Do you have a breakthrough story that you would like us to publish? Please contact us via [email protected]!
3. Congress to elect state and national delegates – Saturday May 7 – Monday May 9
Complete List of Public Holidays Nigerians Will Celebrate in 2022
4. Last day for submission of completed forms (APC National Secretariat) – Tuesday 10 May
5. Selection of Candidates – (House of Assembly and Governorship – Thursday May 12), (House of Representatives and Senate – Friday May 13), (Presidential – Saturday May 14)
6. Release of Screening Results – (House of Assembly and Governorate – Friday May 13), (House of Representatives and Senate – Saturday May 14), (Presidential – Sunday May 15)
7. Call for Selection – (House of Assembly and Governorship – Saturday May 14), (House of Representatives and Senate – Tuesday May 17), (Presidential – Monday May 23)
8. Primary Election – (Governorate – Wednesday May 18), (State House of Assembly – Friday May 20), (House of Representatives – Sunday May 22), (Senate – Tuesday May 24)
9. Electoral Call – (Governance – Friday May 20), (National Assembly – Sunday May 22), (House of Representatives – Tuesday May 24), (Senate – Thursday May 26)
Just Now: PDP Makes Changes to Nomination Forms After APC’s N100m, N50m Meets
10. Special Convention for the Presidential Primaries – Monday May 30 – Wednesday June 1
APC postpones the sale of forms indefinitely, agrees
Meanwhile, the APC had postponed the sale of expressions of interest and nomination forms for elective positions until after the 2023 general election.
The development came about as a result of the failure of the contractor responsible for printing the forms to deliver the finished work.
In conversation with Punch on Friday April 23, an APC source said that although a new date has not yet been given for the sale of the forms, the party leadership will resolve the issue on Monday April 25. .
The source said:
“The sale of forms earlier scheduled for tomorrow (Saturday) has been postponed. No date has been set for the start of the exercise. The NWC will determine the new date on Monday…”