Inauguration of Fenton: List of stores, restaurants, activities
After seven years in development, multiple pandemic setbacks and a soft opening earlier this year, the Cary’s Fenton development will open up a wider selection of retail and dining options in a ‘multi-day extravaganza’ that begins Thursday afternoon.
The $850 million project is one of the largest retail projects under development in the country, according to Hines, the international real estate investor building Fenton in partnership with Columbia Development of South Carolina. Construction delays and supply chain challenges forced the duo to delay their grand opening, originally scheduled for April.
Fenton’s first retailers, including Athleta, Sephora, Radiant Waxing, Southern Tide and Williams Sonoma, opened in May. On opening day or late June, visitors can expect a dozen more options, including Altar’d State, Club Pilates, Colletta, Dram & Draft, The Gatorbug, Honeysuckle Gelato, Lululemon, M Sushi, Nike, Paragon Theatres, Pottery Barn and Vestique, according to Hines.
“After seven years of hard work, we are proud to host the official grand opening of Fenton,” Hines chief executive Paul Zarian said in a statement. “Whether you choose to visit our retailers, take a fitness class in Fenton Square or take in the birds-eye view of Main Street on a hot air balloon ride, there will be dozens of ways to celebrate. this important step for the project and the Cary community. .”
Other retailers, restaurants and service providers will open after the grand opening, a Fenton spokesperson said. They include Archer Paper Goods, Arhaus Furniture, Bailey’s Fine Jewelry, Boardroom Salon for Men, Crawford Brothers Steakhouse, CRU Food & Wine Bar, Free People, Madewell, One Medical, Sports & Social, Superica, Truist Bank, Truss Vet, Von Kekel Aveda Lifestyle Salon Spa and Fenton Nail Bar.
A full list of retailers and restaurants is included below.
Several days of activity
Fenton will host several days of opening activities to celebrate its launch. Thursday and Friday events are by invitation only. Saturday and Sunday programs are open to the public.
Thursday, June 2
- 4:00 p.m. Private ribbon-cutting ceremony hosted by Hines, Columbia, and USAA with Cary Chamber of Commerce, City of Cary, and Fenton retail and office tenants
- 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Captive hot-air balloon flights. Donations benefit Read & Feed of Wake County.
Friday, June 3
- 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. “Live the Life” media and influencer preview
- 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Captive hot-air balloon flights. Donations benefit Read & Feed of Wake County.
Saturday June 4
“A day of fun for the whole family, including kids and big kids at heart,” Fenton said in a press release. “From famous TikTok dancers to street musicians, bubbles, music, magic and more, surprises await you at the grand opening of Fenton.”
- 8:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Morning fitness in Fenton Square
- 8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. Bootcamp with Athleta
- 9:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Fitness class with Club Pilates
- 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Main Street and Fenton Square activities including magic, scavenger hunts, balloon artists, makeup artists, food trucks, buskers, roller skaters, stilt walkers, a live DJ, chalk artists, Dram & Draft station
- 1:00 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. Anastasia of Atlanta Bubble Show, magic and bubble experiences
- 3-3:45pm Take part in a pop-up dance class led by famous TikTok creators Cost n’ Mayor and enjoy a dance performance by the dynamic duo
- 3:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Selfies and autographs with Cost n’ Mayor
- 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Captive hot-air balloon flights. Donations benefit Read & Feed of Wake County.
Sunday June 5
- 9:00 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. Morning Fitness in Fenton Square with Lululemon
- 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sporting attractions throughout Fenton, including putt-putt games
- 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. University of North Carolina mascot Rameses will be on hand
- 1:30-3:30 p.m. Take a shot on goal and selfies with NC FC and NC Courage football players, with donations benefiting Wake County Read & Feed
- 3-5 p.m. Meet Sir Purr of the Carolina Panthers and the Top Cats Cheerleaders
List of Fenton stores, restaurants
Here’s an updated list of all the shopping, dining, and entertainment options we know of so far.
- altar state
- Archer paper goods
- Arhaus furniture
- Athlete (open)
- Bailey’s fine jewelry
- free people
- The Gatorbug
- Nike live
- pottery barn
- Sephora (open)
- Southern Tide (opening May 13)
- Women’s clothing
- Williams Sonoma
- Colletta, an Italian restaurant by famed restaurateur Steve Palmer. Opening in June.
- Crawford Brothers’ Steakhouse, from award-winning chef Scott Crawford. Opening in 2024.
- CRU Food & Wine Bar. Opening in July
- Dram & Draft, a whiskey bar and tapas room, already a local favorite in Raleigh and Durham. Opening in June.
- Honeysuckle ice cream. Opening in June
- M Sushi, from famed Durham chef Michael Lee. Opening in June.
- Sports & Social, which will open as the largest sports bar in the Triangle at 22,000 square feet. Opening later this year.
- Superica, Tex-Mex cuisine from Atlanta-based chef Ford Fry. Opening in July.
- Pilates club
- Radiant Hair Removal
- Von Kekel Aveda Lifestyle Salon Spa
- Zen nail bar
To be announced. Developers have not announced a grocery store tenant after Wegmans withdrew plans to open there.
Office, hotel and residential space
- The mixed-use community will include The Offices at Fenton, 200,000 square feet of office space. Compass, the nation’s largest independent real estate brokerage, will occupy 8,260 square feet. The company is Fenton’s first office tenant and will likely open in the fall.
- A boutique hotel with 175 keys
- The Allison, a 357-unit luxury apartment community
This story was originally published June 2, 2022 11:03 a.m.