New Track Events Include Hideaway Circus, Touch a Truck and More Programs – Winthrop Transcript
Summer is in full swing at Suffolk Downs! Residents and visitors to East Boston and Revere enjoyed programming throughout the spring and early summer hosted by The HYM Investment Group, “HYM,” the company leading the redevelopment of Suffolk Downs. People of all ages flocked to a bi-weekly Sunday fitness series, a Revere Beach sand sculpture pop-up, a job fair and more. HYM also reopened the track last spring as a temporary open space where local residents could walk, run and exercise.
As we enter late summer and fall, HYM is thrilled to announce the next slate of family-friendly summer activities happening on the trail.
• On Wednesday August 3, HYM opened the first ever dog park at Suffolk Downs. The dog park is open daily from dawn to dusk and is located next to the entrance to The Track. The new fenced-in park allows dogs to socialize and exercise off-leash and features doghouses, training platforms, jumping jacks, climbing bridges and more!
• On Tuesday August 16 at 4pm and Wednesday August 17 at 4pm and 7pm, Suffolk Downs will host ‘Stars Above’, an outdoor family circus performance created by Hideaway Circus. Set to original music, the show is a modern version of the nostalgic little traveling circuses of two hundred years ago. Tickets start at $20 and are on sale now.
• On Saturday August 27, Suffolk Downs is teaming up with Roxbury’s TrillFit to host their annual fitness festival, TrillFest, on the track. Enjoy fitness classes, musical performances, food trucks, beer and wine, and more.
• On Sunday August 28 from 12pm to 7pm, Suffolk Downs will host the Revere Block Inaugural Party in coordination with Next Stop Revere, City of Revere, Revere Cultural Council. This multicultural event will feature festive live music, performances, cultural cuisines, vendors of all kinds, and games and activities for the whole family. This event is free but registration is recommended.
• On Sunday, September 18, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Suffolk Downs will host a ‘Touch a Truck’ event which will provide up close views of tractors, trucks, diggers, police cars and fire engines, plus activities, games, giveaways, food trucks and craft beer by Rockport Brewing! This event is free but registration is recommended.
“There is something for everyone at Suffolk Downs this summer. Our mix of uses and offerings is designed to ensure that the new urban neighborhood we are creating is open and welcoming to all,” said Thomas N. O’Brien, Managing Partner and CEO of HYM. “This site has a rich history of entertainment and community events that we are excited to continue as we build the first phase of development at Revere.”
More information on all upcoming events can be found on the Suffolk Downs website and social media. The Suffolk Downs track is open from dawn to dusk and can be accessed via MBTA Beachmont and Suffolk Downs Blue Line stations. Free parking is available on site at 525 McClellan Highway in East Boston.
HYM Investment Group is a leading development company leading the development of over 20 million square feet of real estate in Greater Boston. The company creates mixed-use communities that strive to emphasize sustainability, creativity and technology for a more productive and resilient future.
The team has an unparalleled knowledge of the development process that enables the company to bring complex projects to market through community input and support. Through its experience, relationship building and transparency with all stakeholders, HYM is able to deliver projects on time and within budget to bring material return to its investors.
With a team of 50% women and 30% people of color, HYM is committed to building projects that prioritize inclusion and embrace Greater Boston’s rich diversity.
From projects like Suffolk Downs to Bulfinch Crossing, the team is leading the industry in creating some of the most thriving neighborhoods in the region. www.hyminvestments.com.