What is pectin? Know the benefits and risks
- It is used as a gelling agent in products like jams and jellies
- It can also be used as a thickener in cooking
- It is also commonly used in medicine
Benefits of pectin
Here are some benefits of pectin:
- This may decrease the risk of
cancerand reduce tumor growth.
- It can help maintain a healthy weight and fight
- It can help improve blood sugar and manage
Here are some side effects of pectin:
- It is risky for people with
allergywith citrus fruits.
- It may interact with drugs for the treatment of cancer and other health complications. Therefore, it is recommended to consult a doctor before using it.
- Excess consumption of pectin can cause stomach cramps, diarrhea,
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or dietitian before starting any fitness program or making any changes to your diet.